En av min favorit podcaster är What great bosses know av Jill Geisler,författare till boken Work Happy, What great bosses know.
Podcasten innehåller ledarskaps tips för managers som vill vara ”great bosses”. Bland annat innehåller den 100 idéer för de som vill bli great bosses.
Här kommer del I (1-10) av dessa:
- Your title gives you power. Intelligence, integrity and empathy give you influence.
- Be the same person around your staff as you are in the presence of your bosses.
- Lead in your own name. If you have to invoke your boss’s name to get things done, you undercut your credibility.
- You are always on stage. People read meaning into your moves. Act accordingly.
- Use your professional expertise to teach, coach and lead – not to micromanage or spend excessive time “keeping your hand in” work you once did.
- Your employees are the ones who define “micromanagement,” not you.
- When you’ve made a mistake, apologize. Assuming your offenses and errors are unintended and uncommon, an apology builds your credibility.
- Delegate deliberately; it can help people grow. Then stay connected with a light touch.
- When you delegate, make certain you hand off not only responsibility, but sufficient authority for the person to succeed.
- Praise early and often, specifically and sincerely.
Du kan ladda ner hela podcasten av Jill Geisler från The pointer university på Itunes