En av min favorit podcaster är What great bosses know av Jill Geisler,författare till boken Work Happy, What great bosses know.
Podcasten innehåller ledarskaps tips för managers som vill vara ”great bosses”. Bland annat innehåller den 100 idéer för de som vill bli great bosses.
Här kommer del 2 (11-20) av dessa:
11. Praise fails if it smacks of condescension or control.
12. The word “but” erases the words that precede it. Praise sounds like a throwaway when you routinely add “but,” followed by criticism.
13. If you think you are good at providing feedback, double it.
14. Geography is destiny. People who work in close proximity to you get more attention – unless you intentionally reach out to others.
15. Great bosses don’t just fix products; they coach people.
16. The most important tool a coach has is a well-crafted question.
17. Well-crafted (open-ended and nonjudgmental) questions help people discover their own answers.
18. People are more likely to embrace their own ideas than those that are imposed on them.
19. When change involves learning something new, people resist it because they hate the temporary incompetence they inevitably experience.
20. Be generous in sharing credit; be honorable in taking blame.
Du kan ladda ner hela podcasten av Jill Geisler från The pointer university på Itunes