En av min favorit podcaster är What great bosses know av Jill Geisler,författare till boken Work Happy, What great bosses know.
Podcasten innehåller ledarskaps tips för managers som vill vara ”great bosses”. Bland annat innehåller den 100 idéer för de som vill bli great bosses.
Här kommer del 4 (31-40) av dessa:
31. Well-told stories, with a clear message and strong values, are a valuable leadership tool.
32. Ethics policies and guidelines are important, but never miss an opportunity to embed values in your everyday conversations.
33. Don’t treat everyone alike. Know people well enough to manage them as individuals.
34. Learn something new and scary. Then do it again and again.
35. In times of change, over-communicate. When you’re getting tired of repeating a message, people are just beginning to hear it.
36. The simple act of listening can be a great gift from a boss; people want to feel that they are heard.
37. Purge your conversations of management-speak. Whenever you’re tempted to say “paradigm shift,” try “big change” instead. Your staff will appreciate it.
38. Let there be fun at work, but don’t force it. Let your employees lead the laughter.
39. When employee laughter is directed at you, be a good sport. It’s so much fun to laugh at the boss.
40. Advice to new bosses who are invited to staff social events: Drink less; leave earlier than others. You’ll remember everything you said, and you’ll give people freedom to critique management just like you always did as an employee.
Du kan ladda ner hela podcasten av Jill Geisler från The pointer university på Itunes