En av min favorit podcaster är What great bosses know av Jill Geisler,författare till boken Work Happy, What great bosses know.
Podcasten innehåller ledarskaps tips för managers som vill vara ”great bosses”. Bland annat innehåller den 100 idéer för de som vill bli great bosses.
Här kommer del 6 (51-60) av dessa:
51. Leaders are born AND made. You can learn to be a better leader if you work at it.
52. Succession planning matters. Can you look out your door and see your replacement?
53. Disengage from digital devices when talking with staff. They hate it when you multitask as they’re communicating with you.
54. If you have a habit of sending emails in the middle of the night, your staff may think you expect them to be working then, too.
55. The boss’s emotions are contagious.
56. Hiring is one of the most important things you do. Don’t hire in haste.
57. Don’t hire in your self-image. Hire people who share your core values but bring additional skills to the party.
58. Don’t assume that your highest performers need little feedback because they know they’re good. Even good employees want to know they’ve performed well.
59. Loyalty is a two-way street. Since companies can’t promise jobs for life, you should expect that employees have an eye on the door as well.
60. Be a good agent for your staff. Even if you can’t promise a job for life, you can promise that you’ll help them do good work that will serve them well wherever life takes them.
Du kan ladda ner hela podcasten av Jill Geisler från The pointer university på Itunes